Nursing homes may house more frequent binge drinkers than college dorms.
- The income bracket with the most binge drinkers is well off, with incomes over $75,000
- The poorest income bracket (less than $25,000) drinks the most per binge
- people who binge are not alcoholics
The survey of 457,677 Americans asked both how often people engaged in binge drinking, and how many drinks they downed in a single session.
Make no mistake, however: college-age young adults still drink a lot: 28 percent of those ages 18 to 24 said they binged on alcohol four times a month, averaging 9.3 drinks per binge. And more than 90 percent of the alcohol youth drink occurs during binges.
- Senior citizens binge drink most often (holykaw.alltop.com)
- 1 new story | 1 in 6 Americans Is a Binge Drinker – Nation’s heaviest boozers are in Wisconsin, study finds (darkerme.com)
- Study finds lots of Americans binge drinking – and drinking a lot (mysanantonio.com)
- Americans belly up to the bar for binge drinking (mysanantonio.com)
- CDC: 1 in 6 US Adults Is a Binge Drinker (webmd.com)