I love this wrap from EATING WELL Magazine. It’s stuffed with chicken tenders and couscous (recipe below) with a hit of lemon and a healthy dose of fresh herbs. You can also use veggies instead of chicken. Serve with: Mixed green salad
Active Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup couscous, preferably whole-wheat
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 4 10-inch spinach or sun-dried tomato wraps or tortillas
- Bring water to a boil in a small saucepan. Stir in couscous and remove from the heat. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, combine parsley, mint, lemon juice, oil, garlic, 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Toss chicken tenders in a medium bowl with 1 tablespoon of the parsley mixture and the remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt. Place the tenders in a large nonstick skillet and cook over medium heat until cooked though, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer to a clean cutting board. Cut into bite-size pieces when cool enough to handle.
- Stir the remaining parsley mixture into the couscous along with tomato and cucumber.
- To assemble wraps, spread about 3/4 cup of the couscous mixture onto each wrap. Divide the chicken among the wraps. Roll the wraps up like a burrito, tucking in the sides to hold the ingredients in. Serve cut in half.
Per serving: 479 calories; 17 g fat ( 3 g sat , 11 g mono ); 67 mg cholesterol; 49 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 34 g protein; 5 g fiber; 653 mg sodium; 382 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (57% daily value), Folate & Vitamin A (40% dv), Iron (32% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 3
Exchanges: 3 starch, 4 lean meat, 2 fat
You Might Also Like:
More From EatingWell
- How to Make Couscous (theevolutionofeating.net)