It’s worth repeating. A good night’s rest is what makes you look AND feel your best.
Yet, texting, tweeting, blogging, emailing, facebooking and thinking in daylight can also keep you up at night.
A good night’s sleep isn’t just about being able to wake up when the alarm goes off. It benefits your weight, heart, mind & more.
In a 2010 study of women age 50 to 79, there were more deaths in those that got less than 5 hours of sleep a night.
So yes, it can affect the length of your life AND quality of life.
Sleep also lowers stress, depression, anxiety, improves attention and learning, keeps your mind sharp and one more thing.
Well-rested folks lose more fat. That’s right. It gives a whole new meaning to Snooze You Lose.
All great reasons to stock your refrigerator with these 7 foods that help you sleep soundly. Eat an hour before bedtime:
1. OATMEAL – It promotes insulin production and sleep-inducing chemicals to relax you
2. SMALL BOWL OF COTTAGE CHEESE WITH SLICED BANANAS – The magnesium and potassium are muscle relaxants
4. TOAST – Carb rich foods produce insulin helping you relax
6. WHOLE WHEAT PASTA – Add fresh veggies & diced chicken with tomato sauce; high protein dish that also releases tryptophan
7. YOGURT SPRINKLED WITH CEREAL – You get the calcium and the carb combo to help bring on the Z-z-z-z’s
A good night’s sleep also spurs creativity and improves your athletic performance the next day. It also curbs inflammation. Those that don’t get enough sleep have higher levels of inflammatory problems.
If you are STILL tossing and turning or watching the clock, make sure you are doing the following:
1. STOP SIPPING CAFFEINE AT 2 P.M. – Check labels. You may not be aware what you’re drinking contains caffeine.
2. DIM THE LIGHTS IN YOUR ROOM ONE HOUR BEFORE YOU TURN IN.
3. SOAK IN A WARM BATH TO UNWIND AS SOON AS YOU GET HOME, NOT RIGHT BEFORE BED.
4. CLOSE YOUR EYES FOR 10 MIN. AND GENTLY STRETCH BY PAYING ATTENTION TO YOUR BREATHING.
5. THIS IS A MUST: MAKE SURE ALL YOUR GADGETS ARE TURNED OFF. PLACING THINGS ON VIBRATE DOES NOT COUNT AS OFF. THAT SOUND CAN STILL DISRUPT YOUR SLEEP.
6. MAKE SURE ALL CLUTTER IS REMOVED FROM YOUR BEDROOM.
Hope these tips help you sleep better all Summer. Stay healthy, everyone! 🙂
Health Tips? Heath Stories? Contact: email@example.com
- Eat your way to a good night sleep (time4sleep.co.uk)
- Foods That Help You Sleep (plushbeds.com)
- Top 7 Foods For Better Sleep (time4sleep.co.uk)
- 15 Foods that Help You Sleep (babyzone.com)