Less than half of people surveyed world-wide by the National Sleep Foundation report getting a good night’s sleep.
She suggests some surprising natural sleep-aids to help you get rest, so you’re not nodding off in the day.
Edwards says pumpkin seeds can help.
And sunflower seeds!
And tart cherry juice!
“My favorites are pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds for getting a good night’s sleep and recent studies have shown that drinking a cup of tart cherry juice about a half-hour before bedtime may also be helpful for getting to sleep,” says Edwards.
She recommends half a cup of pumpkin seeds once or twice a day.
And for women approaching menopause, she recommends adding foods containing magnesium or adding it as a supplement.
So this Halloween remember these 4 treats that may help you sleep like a baby:
1. Pumpkin seeds (bonus: they are high in magnesium)
2. Sunflower seeds
3. Tart cherry juice
4. Foods with magnesium or adding a supplement
For more information, visit the Cleveland Clinic website: http://www.clevelandclinic.org
MEDIA: Contact the Cleveland Clinic News Service for B-roll and SOT, On Pathfire
MEDCruch is a division of Healthy Within Network, and was founded by Maria Dorfner, an award-winning health journalist. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. In 2001, she founded the Cleveland Clinic News Service. The Cleveland Clinic is a world-class medical institution in medicine, research, education and technology, consistently ranked #1.
- Better Sleep With Healthy Diet. (gidicare.wordpress.com)
- The Anti-Oxidant Seeds (lunaticoutpost.com)
- 10 Health Benefits of Pumpkin Seeds (articles.mercola.com)
- The Power of Pumpkin – 7 Natural Health Benefits and 7 Recipes (naturalhealthyconcepts.com)
- Health Benefits of Pumpkin Seeds (cherokeebillie.wordpress.com)